Originally published in the Plant Prana Newsletter August 22, 2022
Sage (Sage, Dalmatian Sage, Sage Triloba, Heritage Sage, Australian Sage, Spanish Sage, Blue Mountain Sage, Sacred Sage)
- Apply to wrist to help reduce brain fatigue
- As a salt scrub it helps to from other people and release negativity
- As a spray it calms and soothes in times of stress
- Can be detoxifying to the respiratory tract when doing sustained inhalation or in a diffuser
- Can be invaluable in a fibromyalgia crisis as a body tonic, liniment, or in a salt bath
- Improve cognitive functions through the regulating effect Sage has on the “fight or flight” system
- Help improve your ability to express yourself
- Can be balancing between the emotions and mind
- Fortify and regulate the adrenals
- Calm the sensory nerves throughout the body by applying in a body tonic, ointment, massage oil, or in a salt bath
- Help prevent the generation of stress in the body
- Can be regenerating to the nervous system
- Helpful with pain syndromes
- Help release negative psychological energies
- Help reduce the effect of aggressive people or situations on your physiology
SAGE (Sage, Dalmatian Sage, Sage Triloba, Heritage Sage, Australian Sage, Spanish Sage, Blue Mountain Sage, Sacred Sage)
SKIN: Acne, dermatitis, dandruff, eczema, gum infections, sores, excessive sweating, hair loss.
CIRCULATION: Poor circulation, fluid retention.
MUSCULAR/JOINTS: Anti-inflammatory, aches and pains, arthritis, rheumatism, fibromyalgia, debility, may be helpful with spinal misalignments.
IMMUNE: Infectious conditions, flu, colds, fever, lowered immune response, prevention.
RESPIRATORY: Laryngitis, coughs.
DIGESTIVE: Liver congestion, jaundice.
ENDOCRINE: Helps to strengthen and regulate the adrenals.
NERVOUS: Psychosomatic response, stress related conditions, the effects of stress, headaches, nervous tension, nervous exhaustion.
PSYCHOLOGICAL: Stress, trauma thought forms, negative thinking about others, negative thinking about oneself, soothing, sense of well-being.
Cleansing, prepares the body for spiritual energy, impacts the protective webs of the chakras.