Also Known As:
annual hibiscus, musk mallow, musk orca, abelmosk
- the flower is used in devotional practices in several traditions
- The seed was used as a substitute for musk but this practice has been replaced by the use of synthetic musk in perfumery
- Seeds are used as a flavoring in freshly brewed coffee
- The scent from the flowers has been used as a flavoring in pipe tobacco, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, and food especially in sweet items such pastries or candy
- Seeds have been worn by young women in indigenous cultures as a decoration
- Should not be used while pregnant or by nursing mothers
DIGESTIVE: eases digestion, cramps, acidity, nervous indigestion, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, breath freshener (can be soothing in cases of stomach cancer), may impact blood sugar
IMMUNE: may be helpful in detoxifying all systems, fortifying to lymphatic function
MUSCULAR: aches, pain, cramps, fatigue, poor circulation
RESPIRATORY: lung issues in general
ENDOCRINE: potentially balancing to the endocrine system
NERVOUS: Headache, anxiety, depression, stress related conditions, nervous tension, aphrodisiac, hysteria, psychosomatic issues, fatigue
PSYCHOLOGICAL: boosts the mood, stress, feelings of “loss of control”, issues in the unconscious, self sabotage, melancholy, may be helpful in cases of self doubt, fear, depression, repressed emotions, repressed memories, aphrodisiac, helps to a sense of connection with people around you (loved ones, friends, co-workers, etc.)
ENERGETIC: activates the heart, circulation of energy, grounding, strengthens positive energetic cords, transmutation of the unconscious drives and attachments that cause us harm (self imposed)
SPIRITUAL: cultivation of spiritual Will, associated with surrendering to the divine, helps one to flow through life, helps one shift from one stage of life to the next stage (example: shifting from being a student in college to being in the workplace, being single to being married, working to retirement.
Plant Teaching Pattern:
Take a moment to learn from the ambrette plant and as you inhale quietly listen for the message it brings forth.
Sustained Inhalation 3 to 15 breathing cycles
We bottle our essential oils to order.