also in Spray
- Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi) is a flowering plant native to the Himalayas, China, and India. It is a member of the Valerian family and has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine for its medicinal properties.
- In Ayurvedic medicine, spikenard is believed to have a calming effect on the mind and body. It is used to treat insomnia, anxiety, and stress. It is also used to treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- In traditional Chinese medicine, spikenard is believed to have a cooling effect on the body and is used to treat fevers, inflammation, and headaches.
- Spikenard is mentioned several times in the Bible and was used by Mary of Bethany to anoint the feet of Jesus before his crucifixion. It was also used by the ancient Egyptians as a perfume and in embalming. Spikenard is still used in many perfumes and fragrances, as well as in aromatherapy and traditional medicine.
- Spikenard is known to have a calming effect on the mind and body. It can help reduce stress, anxiety, and nervous tension.
– anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and swelling in the body. It can be helpful in treating conditions like arthritis and eczema.
– Antimicrobial properties that can help fight against harmful bacteria and viruses. It can be used to treat infections and boost the immune system.
– Spikenard is a natural sedative that can help promote relaxation and sleep. It can be used to treat insomnia and other sleep disorders.
– analgesic properties that can help relieve pain. It can be used to treat headaches, muscle pain, and other types of pain.
– Skin healing properties that can help treat skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and acne. It can also be used to promote healthy skin and prevent signs of aging.
- Applied to feet it helps to improve meditation.
- Spikenard is the ointment that Mary applied to the feet of the Lord Christ.
- Helps to calm the emotions and mind
- Can be soothing to the emotional body when a person is in pain.
- Deeply soothing as a salt bath
- Sprays can be calming and may help to reduce stress
- Applied to the feet daily will improve reactions to stressful environments
Skin inflammation, rashes, nourishing to the skin, tones, balances the skin, psoriasis, eczema
Relaxing to the muscles, good for tired achy feet, pain, anti-inflammatory, helps to correct muscle imbalances due to inflammation
It is one of the most potent sedative essential oils.
Tones and fortifies the nervous system, insomnia, nervous tension, nervous stomach, migraines (applied to base of skull,) prevention of stress, effects of stress. Taken regularly helps to regulate the stress response,
stress, anxiety, being triggered, sympathetic nervous system issues, emotional tension, helps one to be non-reactive
Strengthens the basic chakra, grounding, balancing the sides of the brain, accelerates the Materialization Process, helps to reduce pride that comes from old emotional wounds
deepens meditation, cleans and purifies the energy body, Helps one to be more conductive to the soul and the Divine, When applied to the feet it helps to deepen meditation due to its purifying effect (helps one to take off in the inner worlds.)